Charles de Gaulle International Airport
Aéroport de Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle (CDG) – is the largest international airport in France, differently can be called as Roissy Airport. Being second largest European airport, it can handle all types of large aircrafts and in 2018 had capacity to accommodate up to 72,229,723 passengers. As planned “Paris North Airport’s” construction started in 1966, afterwards in 1974 it has been opened but under the name of Free French Force’s leader Charles de Gaulle (President of France from 1959 to 1969). Nowadays both Charles de Gaulle Airport and Paris-Orly Airport in some terminals were undertaking a renovation programs as modernization and extensions, so by 2025 Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport will be able to serve more than 80 million passengers per year. Also there will be a high-speed link from Airport to Paris.
Facilities and infrastructure of the Charles de Gaulle International Airport
The airport has devised to 3 terminals and 6 six communes. Terminal 4 is planned to be built by 2025 and to host Air France and members of Skyteam.
Terminal 1 is the oldest terminal building and presents 5 storeyed central building:
• The 1st floor is nonpublic and is reserved only for technical operations.
• The 2nd floor (CDGVAL level) has check-in counters, shops and restaurants, ATMs, pharmacy, information desk, lost property, tax refund as well as the CDGVAL inter-terminal and airport shuttle train platforms which can bring you to Terminal 2 every 4 minutes from 05h-24h.
• The 3rd floor (departure level) consists the majority of check-in counters, access to taxi and bus stops, PRM reception, currency exchange and others.
• The 4th floor (boarding level) contains border control posts and boarding gates, duty-free stores, smoking area, security area, Lufthansa Business Lounge, Star Alliance Lounge for Schengen flights, International departures Icare Lounge
• The 5th floor (arrival level) includes baggage claim belts for arriving passengers and other arrival facilities. Outside you can find Parking 1.
Terminal 2 is formed by 7 sub-terminals: 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F and 2G. This terminal was originally built for Air France only, thus now also serves other airlines for passengers flying in the Schengen Area (as it has no passport control). Sub-terminals from 2A to 2F are connected by inter-terminal walkways, as for 2G, it is independent building and can be only accessed by shuttle bus. As regards Business Lounges, in sub-terminal 2A you can find Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge and American Airlines Admirals Club, Sheltair Lounge is in sub-terminal 2D, Yotel Lounge is located in sub-terminal 2E and is only for non-Schengen departing and transit passengers.
Terminal 3 contains one single building with 2 levels for low-cost airlines and charter, there is no boarding gates.
• Arrivals Level 1 contains baggage claim area with baggage belts, lost and found, access to bus, taxi and parking and other facilities.
• Departures Level 2 includes Hall A and Hall B with check-in areas, boarding halls and other services.
Information desk is located in all terminals, customer-friendly personnel are at your disposal for any assistance needed with opening hours according the first and the last flight scheduled.
Services for people with reduced mobility: The Nantes Airport is well equipped with elevators, special toilets and parking places. For appropriate assistance all passengers must indicate the nature of disability and the degree of assistance required /your specific needs during the flight as well as the international code according to the international classification 48 hours before the flight. Kindly note that all information should be passed to your air company or tour agent!
Tourist Office: At the Terminal 1 and Terminal 2C, 2D, 2E and 2F you can find tourist information offices.
Wifi: Take this advantage and connect to the WIFI at the Charles de Gaulle International Airport, stay always up to date with the latest news, surf the net and take pictures. The airport provides WiFi in the arrival and departure areas, boarding gates, restaurants and bars as well as find at the Jardin Pamplemousse bar or in the work spaces electrical outlets for your electronic devises.
Parking: Charles de Gaulle International Airport has 9 parking divisions Parking lot P1, lot P3, lot PAB, lot PCD, lot PEF, lot PG, lot P3 Resa, lot PR. The Airport guests can adjust tickets at the automatic payment machines when you leave the car parks or the terminal building by either cash or credit card methods. Charles de Gaulle International Airport provides disabled parking places in all lots and guarantee an easy access to the building. All passengers are invited to arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to their flight.
Shopping in Charles de Gaulle International Airport
The modern Charles de Gaulle International Airport building is equipped with maximum consideration for the needs of travelers. A wide range of shops split between the public area and the departure lounges of all 3 Terminals and sub-terminals. Do not hesitate to come and discover delicious food in an aeronautical atmosphere! The bars and restaurant welcome you whether for a lunch break, for a snack or for a drink. As well as take some TAX-FREE beverages, tobacco or find perfume or cosmetics by luxuriant brands in DUTY FREE stores.
Private transfer services to and from Charles de Gaulle International Airport
After a long flight, when you arrive at the airport, all you will need is a private airport transfer right to your reserved hotel or any desired destination in this new unfamiliar country. Your first step should be booking your airport transfer in advance, in order not to overpay to the uncommon taxis and enjoy “meet and greet” service. The private transfers are available every day regardless of the time or the season and will always provide qualified and punctual services. Private transfer is the best and easiest way to begin your vacation smoothly and to ensure a service that will match your expectations and needs! It may look uneasy to find a convenient transfer company, check out by comparing the companies you can find the best price for airport transfer. “Why should I choose a private transfer”? The travel time for your Paris airport transfer depends on the traffic and on your exact destination. On the way to your destination, you can already see one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Your transfer from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport will take you through its beautiful bridges to Eiffel Tower, Champ Elysee, the Arc De Triomphe or the Notre Dame. Our local drivers are proud and happy to work here. They know the streets of Paris and the surrounding area like their own backs. Paris is especially beautiful at various times of the year, so in winter the city is adorned with beautiful Christmas lights. With a Paris Charles de Gaulle airport shuttle services, you can get to the city center and see the best sights, cultural attractions and go for shopping. Booking an airport private transfer in advance is the best way to get to your accommodation in the quickest, most convenient way, whether on business or vacation, with friends or family. We make your private transfer enjoyable and easy, with a fast and secure online booking system. All our vehicles are clean and in good condition and are available 7 days a week, all year round. Definitely, our drivers are polite, very experienced and talk only about the most essential things about your trip. Book a car through us is the best way for you, because buses, metro or other public transfer options are usually associated with more effort and also act as a deterrent for visitors. If you book a convenient airport private transfer service for your next trip to Paris, you will sit back and enjoy right from the beginning. The stressful arrival or departure is up to your driver.
Shared transfers to and from Charles de Gaulle International Airport
If you wish to save money, you are planning a company outing- just find your shared transfer, your driver and your transfer’s companion, consider to share your ride with more people or simply join another one’s trip. Nothing is as good for team spirit as a shared experience. Platform apps are a useful way to get to your destination at a reduced cost comparing to the other options, so go ahead and reserve your private shared transfer to and from Charles de Gaulle Airport.
Airport taxis to and from Charles de Gaulle International Airport
The airport building has special telephone racks with taxi services at the Baggage claim exits and at Arrivals level exit gates. A 25km taxi ride from Charles de Gaulle Airport to the city center takes about 35-60 minutes, but it will always depend on the traffic and on the destination. Here are some taxi services 24/7 for your observation (to city center is around 50 € daytime rate and a special surcharge during night hours will be applied).
• Taxis Parisiens: +33 (0)1 47 46 91 52
• Taxi G7 : +33 (0)1 41 27 66 99
• Les Taxis Bleus: 3609
Shuttle Bus to and from Charles de Gaulle Airport
Find your Shuttle Bus which departs from Charles de Gaulle Airport to City center or many others destinations in France. Tickets are to be purchased either through Le Bus Direct website or bus stop at Charles de Gaulle Airport. Here are few options for your observation:
• Le Bus direct line 2 drives from Charles de Gaulle Airport (Terminal 1 and 2A-2F) to Paris Eiffel Tower (stop location is: 1 Avenue Carnot) and vice versa from 05h45- 23h for €17.00/per way and € 30.00/roundtrip.
• Le Bus direct Line 3 departs to Paris Orly Airport (Terminals S and W) and vice versa from 05h45- 23h. 70-80 minutes Bus drive for €21.00/one way, €36.00/ round trip
• Le Bus direct Line 4 will bring you to Paris Montparnasse (60- 70 minutes, stop location is Rue Commandant Mouchotte) and to Gare de Lyon railway stations (40- 50 minutes, stop location is 20 bis boulevard Diderot) from 5h30 -22h30. One way ticket is from € 18.00 and € 31.00 for roundtrip.
Train to and from Charles de Gaulle Airport
Owning to magnificent Metro system and interconnected network rapid-transit railways (RER), there are the following fastest options available from Charles de Gaulle Airport:
• RER Shuttle train offers transit services within Paris and beyond, included Paris Metro for €11.70/per way. Train stops are at Terminal 2 TGV Station and at both Terminal 1 and 3
• TGV is at Charles de Gaulle TGV Station near Terminal 2C, 2D and 2E-2F. For details visit https://www.sncf.com.
Charles de Gaulle Airport Car Rental
If you prefer to travel alone in the city and you want to explore it for yourself, you can book a car online in advance. Here are some car rent offices 24/7 at the Charles de Gaulle Airport at the Terminal 1 and 2:
• Avis: +33 (0)8 21 230 760/ www.avis.fr
• Budget: +33 (0)8 25 00 35 64
• Hertz: +33 (0)1 39 38 38 38/ www.hertz.fr
• Enterprise: +33 (0)8 25 16 12 12/ www.enterprise.fr
• SIXT: +33 (0)820 00 74 98/ www.sixt.fr
• Europcar: +33 (0)8 25 358 35/ www.europcar.fr
• Interrent: +33 (0)8 92 230 226
• Alamo: +33 (0)8 26 102 427
In order to prevent delays and to avoid having your items confiscated, prepare liquids for security checks. You must also separately present all large electronic devices: laptops, large digital cameras, DVD readers. Prepare your luggage before boarding, be aware about items prohibited on the aeroplane, in the hold and the cabin. And please, never leave your baggage alone!
Left-baggage service is available in Terminal 2 in case you want to spend the whole day outside the Airport, without worrying about the safety of your belongings (you can storage your luggage up to 90 days).
Hand luggage: You can carry 1 piece of cabin baggage per person, total dimensions must not exceed 115cm, for details, see you air company restrictions.
Lost/ damaged luggage: In case you lost or find your luggage damaged, kindly contact the airport baggage dispute at +33 (0)1 74 25 55 85 from 7h30 to 22h or approach to the information desk
Tax free: Kindly imperatively pass on to the tax free procedure in advance. For details, kindly read the information from the link below: http://www.douane.gouv.fr.
Official IATA code: CDG
Address: 95700 Roissy-en-France, France
Official Website: https://www.airport-charles-de-gaulle.com
The handling agents at Charles de Gaulle Airport are:
• Aer Lingus, Aerolineas Argentinas, Air China, Air Finland, Brussels Airlines, Egyptair, Kuwait Air, LOT, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Swiss, Aeroflot, Air Armenia, American Airlines, British Airways, EasyJet, Hop!. XL Airways and others.
• Paris Airport-Le Bourget (14 km)
• Paris Orly Airport (46 km)